Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Do you have a favorite non-AG doll?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do. [img]smile.gif[/img] I fell in love with Taffy's doll Gemma when she was out traveling. I tried to find another Gemma, but she is one of a kind. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I did find two Berenguer dolls that are close enough to be Gemma's sisters. Then I became quite ill and all of my dolls just sat here for many months. Now I am back playing with my dolls again and I had told my dd that she could sell my Berenguer dolls. Today she brought the dolls out and I fell in love all over again. She managed to get away with one doll which she promptly listed on ebay, but at least I was able to keep the other one. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    In honor of Taffy's Gemma, my kids suggested I call this red haired sweetie Gemma too, but that would be too weird . . . so . . . I am calling her Taffy instead. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Madeline!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haha, I also fell in love with Gemma, too, but I didn't intentionally get a doll like her. I found a redheaded Berenguer in a thrift store one day last September, and she looked just like Gemma. I named her Jenna...actually, Nancy Jenna, so she could play Felicity's sister Nan.

    I also fell in love with Traveling Jessie, a Gotz Precious Day Julia. Then I happened to get my own as a gift last summer, so she promptly got a haircut and became my Emily Agnes or Agnes Marie, haven't quite decided yet.

    The non-AG I MOST fell in love with was/is QNPoohBear's Gotz Little Sister Tess, renamed Susanna. I loved/love her sweet look and how she looks cute in everything. I knew I had to have my own!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Susanna, of course [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] She is a Little Sisters Tess and I fell in love with other board members pictures of their Little Sisters, particularly the picture in Cate's avatar of her Leah. I had the opportunity to trade for a Tess of my own and I thought about it and did it and haven't regretted it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Southpaw22's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2005
    Posts
    258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, yes, yes, yes! My 2003 LE Gotz Madeleiene!

    Ebay174

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bonnie Gay and Gemma are my two favorites. I have seen a couple of Gemmas on eBay since I got mine and they all have sold for waaaaaaaay less than AG dolls. This is astonishing considering that they are every bit as cute (I think cuter) and are constructed exactly the same...

    Taffy

  7. #7
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Tess and Katie and a rewigged Katie that is now Anne (of Green Gables), and I love them! I also have two Precious Days, formerly Elisabeth and Ashley and now renamed Elise and Esther or Ellie and Essie. They are my twins. I like them too, but their hair is not as nice as wigged hair.
    Finally, I also have a Bonnie Gay look-a-like, and I have named her Brenna. They only thing I don't like about her is she has very small feet, so most shoes are slightly too big for her.

    ~Abby

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kboyd912's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Siobhan (the doll between Samantha and Felicity in my signature) is my current favorite! She's a Just Pretend Cassie doll. I just love her thick curly red hair! And she has the prettiest eyes.

    Kim

  9. #9
    Inactive Member BohemianMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2006
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty fond of my Carpatina Isabel, because she has a more mature face and figured then the AGs. She's like the big sister, lol.

    As for ones I don't have, my doll collection will never be complete without a Life of Faith doll (Violet most likely) and a Gotz Little Sister (one of the two with bangs).

    Oh, and I love Collector Barbies...especially the two Dolls Of The World series Princesses of the World and Festivals of the World. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Honestly, no. I didn't play with dolls at all until I got Kirsten.

    I have one doll from my grandmother that I got, but she's not a play doll. I still like her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •